I’m back finally!! The past couple weeks we’ve been living on beanbags in the kitchen It’s been interesting to say the least.
Our living room is now finished and we’ve only got one more week for the addition. I SOOO love it!
I’m sorry for ignoring drops and awards and promise I’ll get to them soon. When I logged into my email earlier, there were 200 emails! Yikes.
And eventually I’ll get some pics up of everything. It’s supposed to be neutral and earthy but classic, too, since it’s a farmhouse we’re updating. My honey let me pick out the lights, paint, trim style, etc and he’s been in charge of the boring technical stuff, like the new boiler and how many outlets should go where.
I’m happy to be back and look forward to catching up!!
Once upon a time, in a land far, far away, there lived a powerful Genie Princess named Mariuca who was known throughout the land as the friendliest, most popular blogger in the blogosphere kingdom. Adored and admired by international visitors and commentators from around the world, the Genie Princess travels the blogosphere on her magical flying carpet, always looking for ways to share her good fortune with others.Over the past two years of blogging, Mariuca has met so many new people, from all walks of life and all over the world, each one bringing a little of their culture and lifestyle when they visit and comment on Mariuca’s two sites. So on her 2nd Blog Anniversary, Mariuca wanted to celebrate with all of her international blogosphere buddies by hosting a bear-naming contests at Wishing On A Falling Star and Mariuca’s Perfume Gallery and to pass her two lucky, cuddly teddy bears along to the winners who came up with the best names.
On the opposite side of the world, from the moment Roxy (the prolific Roxiticus Desperate Housewives blogger) and her sweet daughters London and Maddie saw the teddy in his personalized t-shirt and blue muffler at Wishing On A Falling Star, they knew that he needed to come to live with their family in Mendham, NJ. The three New Jersey girls named him immediately and burst into a wonderful song for BEAR-iuca:
BEAR-iuca, BEAR-iuca, amazing teddy cheer.
BEAR-iuca, BEAR-iuca, we’d love you to come live here!
Mariuca received 16 possible names for the Mariuca Teddy Bear, making it hard for the Genie Princess to choose just one…then Alakazam! A bolt of lightning delivered the perfect way to share BEAR-iuca’s good fortune to bloggers around the globe. While the soft, stuffed, cuddly BEAR-iuca is on his way to live with Roxy, London, Maddie and Rex in the Roxiticus Valley, the Spirit of BEAR-iuca is racing through the blogosphere to bring happiness, holiday cheer, and beary best wishes to everyone who welcomes him into their online home and passes along the BEAR-iuca good luck charm to ten friends.
Please play along with us by following a few important rules:
1. Add your site(s) to the list once you have received the Spirit of BEAR-iuca badge of teddy bear cheer.
2. Pass along the Spirit of BEAR-iuca and his cheery badge to as many people as you like.
3. Leave a comment HERE once you’ve passed on the Spirit of BEAR-iuca.
4. Once Roxy and the Genie Princess have visited your site to make sure your links are complete and proper, you will then be added to the Master List.
4. To ensure everyone receives equal link benefit, please UPDATE your list regularly!
1. Mariuca 2. Roxiticus Desperate Housewives 3. Mariuca’s Perfume Gallery 4. Roxy’s Best Of… 5. Bay Head Blog 6. Roxiticus Best Blogs 7. Emila’s Illustrated Blog 8. Metz – Empty Streets 9. The Spirit of Blogging 10. Speedcat Hollydale Page 11. Snapshot 12. purplefrogcat 13. Turn-u-Off 14. Simple Life 15. A Little Girl Talk 16. Life in the Lapadula House 17. Spicybugz World 18. The Mom With Brownies 19. Our High School Homeschool 20. Our Five Dangerous Boys 21. The Big Dog 22. LadyJava’s Lounge 23. Moments of My Life 24. Life is too short to be ordinary 25. A Great Pleasure 26. Time Goes By 27. Life According To Me 28. Laketrees 29. This is a miracle 30. Porcelain Doll 31. Moms…CheckNyo 32. Wonderful Things In Life 33. Sweet Nothings 34. Hot Shit Form Here 35. Not Just a Mom Site 36. The Life of a Mom 37. Wiehanne Lounge 38. The Painted Veil 39. My Crossroads 40. Little Mermaid 41. LOVE’s Haven 42. Also Mommy 43. The Journey 44. Comedy Plus 45. Making sense…(somehow) 46. The Modern Mom 47. Stay At Home Mom 48. Picture Clusters 49. Maiylah’s Snippets 50. Sweety tots 51. My Discoveries 52. A Life to Remember 53. Rekha 54. Crissy’s Haven 55. Crissy’s Library 56. Crissy’s Zone 57. Shopping Blog 58. Crafts and cooking 59. Asian Mutt International 60. A Simple Life 61. I AM KCAT 62. A Girl For All Status 63. Berry Blog 64. Carnation 65. Pinaymama’s Diary 66. Life’s sweets and spices 67. The Callalily Space 68. Butchay 69. Blessings in Life 70. Pinay Mommy Online 71. The Ruby Posts 72. Day Break 73. R…E…B…E…L?!? 74. VDAY CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY 75. Just the Tip of the Iceberg 76. Honeysweet Learning Center 77. Vsk8shop 78. A Diva’s Hammer 79. Arlene – Joys in Life 80. Listening..Learning..Living 81. Mommy’s Little Corner 82. SigneSays 83. YOU!
So I’d like to tag Laane on the World, My World in My Own Word, and Ramblings of a Stay at Home Mom.
Look what Dad to Two gave me!!
It’s the Proximidade Award. He tells me that “This blog invests and believes, in ‘proximity’ [meaning, that blogging makes us ‘close’ – being close through proxy]. These blogs are all charming and they aim to show the marvels of friendship. Let’s give more attention to them! So with this prize we must deliver it to eight bloggers that in turn must make the same thing and put this text.”
This is especially cool to me because the giver is a guy! He comments pretty regularly on here and it’s awesome to get another guy’s opinion and POV. Obviously I frequent his blog, otherwise we wouldn’t “know” each other. And if you haven’t visited him yet, you should!!
So now for the next 8 people whose blogs fit into this award category…
Mrs. X from Spouse in the House!
Robin from The Way I See It!
On the Verge!
Wayne from Wayne John!
Laane on the World!
It is nap time!
Glue for Families!
A few of you have commented that I’ve been having problems w/ seeing the blog or entrecard. Thank you for noticing, b/c it doesn’t always do it for me. Kinda like taking a noisy car to the mechanic, then it quits.
I let dh know (he does the techy side of it) and he fixed the latest problem.
So, thank you and always feel free to let me know so I can get it fixed.
Blue Monkey Butt sent me this…list 7 things about myself and pass it on to 7 others, who in turn list 7 things!
Ok, here we go…
1. I’m the youngest of 5 kids.
2. I NEVER wanted to have a son (now I have 2 and they’re great!).
3. Sometimes I don’t take a shower until just before my husband comes home (the kids don’t care how I look).
4. I’ve never done my own taxes.
5. I fudge my height…I’m 5’2″. (no, I’m not gonna tell if that’s my height, or what I fudge it to be!)
6. I hate ironing, so I refuse to buy clothes that may need ironing. Other clothes get pulled out of the drier and hung/folded immediately.
7. I’ve never had surgery (except my wisdom teeth).
So, now I tag:
Feel Like Complaining
Spouse in the House
Mommying On The Fly
From Melissa’s Desk
The Long Journey of my Life
Rare Ordinary Thoughts
Look what popped up by surprise!
This was given to me by The Un-Mom today! How cool is that?! I found her awhile back and am a stalker now
So following blogosphere etiquette, I’d like to pass this on to a few of my faves, Mummy Diaries, It Is Nap Time, and Blue Monkey Butt!
For whatever reason, I just can’t get into entrecard. I’ll keep trying so I can read & drop like normal, but if you don’t see me today, that’s why.
Thanks for stopping by and thanks again for the sympathy & well-wishes regarding my burn. The 1st degree ones are already healed, but the 2nd degree ones (w/scabs & blisters) are a little more stubborn.
When I do Entrecard and go to blogs, yes, I do always read. I try to comment as much as possible…I guess I just enjoy sharing my opinion with total strangers
So this morning when I was dropping I found something truly hysterical. I’ve been to this one blog before…Blue Monkey Butt… and what first caught my attention was the name. It was like something I would say or write.
(My dh and I have a joke…I pat the cat so she lifts her tail at him then yell “kitty butt”. He always looks, then I crack up…don’t know why, I just find it amusing.)
And now I go back every day for a good laugh….I could write the recent posts…not like they do, but my experiences are similar.
That’s why I’m sharing…because when you find really great blogs, you gotta share! I’m adding this one to my blogroll. I don’t add lightly. Each one there is duly earned!
Our server crashed…it had the blogs on it (mine and my husband’s). Nice, huh?? So there was some stuff that got permanantly wiped off, even though dh had it on backup.
One of those things was comments.
So if you notice your comment isn’t where it should be, I apologize. I really appreciate and value what you have to say and I’m disappointed some are gone.
Please accept my apologies!!
So for those who participate in Entrecard, check this out!! There’s a huge contest and it looks wicked! I would love to win anything, but specifically first prize of course!
And if you’re not a member of Entrecard, go sign up!
30,000EC from Freebie Reporter
125×125 ad for a month from The Asian Economist
125×125 ad for a month from Free Famous Quotes
1 VIP membership to CreateBanner.com
1 Entrecard banner design from A Phone Sex Life
20,000EC from Freebie Reporter
1 VIP membership to CreateBanner.com
125×125 banner ad for a month from Journal Of Journey
125×125 banner ad for a month from Charcotrip.com
1 month blogroll link from A Phone Sex Life
2000EC from Today’s Games
2000EC from Debit vs Credit
2000EC from People You Need to Know
1500EC from Positive Thinking
2000EC from Realm of Prosperity
1500EC from NickThrolson
1000EC from Fantasy Baseball
125×125 ad for 3 months from Cash Advance Blog
1 VIP membership to CreateBanner.com
14 Lucky winners will get 1000 credits from one of our fabulous sponsors:
1000EC from Michael Aulia
1000EC from Øblog
1000EC from Better Inspirational Communication
1000EC from Random Detox
1000EC from Multiply Themes
1000EC from Momawannabe
1000EC from Singaporean In London
1000EC from Abhishek
1000EC from SEMscoop.com
1000EC from A Second Cup
1000EC from Kutsara at Tinidor
1000EC from Ohio Real Estate
1000EC from MonkeyChapps
1000EC from Today’s Games
4 Lucky winners will get premium advertising spots from the following bloggers:
125×125 ad for a month from Positive Thinking
125×125 ad for a month from Gift Reviews
1 month blogroll link from Freebie Reporter
125×125 ad for a month from Freebie Reporter