Cowboy rules for:
Arizona, Texas , Colorado , Oklahoma , New Mexico , Wyoming , Montana , Utah , Idaho, Nevada
and the rest of the Wild West are as follows:
1. Pull your pants up. You look like an idiot.
2. Turn your cap right, your head ain’t crooked.
3. Let’s get this straight: it’s called a ‘gravel road.’ I drive a
pickup truck because I want to. No matter how slow you drive,
you’re gonna get dust on your Lexus. Drive it or get out of the way.
4. They are cattle. That’s why they smell like cattle. They
smell like money to us. Get over it. Don’t like it? I-10, I-40, I-70 and
I-80 go east and west, I-17, I-15, I-25 and I-35 goes north and
south. Pick one and go.
5. So you have a $60,000 car. We’re impressed. We have
$250,000 Combines that are driven only 3 weeks a year.
6. Every person in the Wild West waves. It’s called being
friendly. Try to understand the concept…
7. If that cell phone rings while a bunch of geese/pheasants/ducks/doves are comin’ in during the hunts, we WILL shoot it outa your hand. You better hope you don’t have it up
to your ear at the time.
8. Yeah. We eat trout, salmon, deer and elk. You really want
sushi and caviar? It’s available at the corner bait shop.
9. The ‘Opener’ refers to the first day of deer season. It’s a
religious holiday held the closest Saturday to the first of
10. We open doors for women. That’s applied to all women,
regardless of age.
11. No, there’s no ‘
steak, or you can order the Chef’s Salad and pick off the 2
pounds of ham and turkey.
12. When we fill out a table, there are three main dishes: meats, vegetables, and breads. We use three spices: salt, pepper,
and ketchup! Oh, yeah . . We don’t care what you folks in
Cincinnati call that stuff you eat IT AIN’T REAL CHILI!!
13. You bring ‘Coke’ into my house, it better be brown, wet
and served over ice. You bring ‘Mary Jane’ into my house, she
better be cute, know how to shoot, drive a truck, and have
14. College and High School Football is as important here as
the Giants, the Yankees, the Mets, the Lakers and the Knicks,
and a dang site more fun to watch.
15. Yeah, we have golf courses. But don’t hit the water hazards – it spooks the fish.
16. Turn down that blasted car stereo! That thumpity-thump
crap ain’t music, anyway. We don’t want to hear it anymore
than we want to see your boxers! Refer back to #1!
My dad sent me this email…gotta love it….he’s in Wyoming but I grew up in Texas, so it def applies!