I got tagged by No Time For a Haircut yesterday!
Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post these rules in your blog.
3. Write 5 Random things about yourself.
4. Tag Random people at the end of the post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged.
Five random things about me:
- I love highlighting my hair…usually blonde in the summer, but this fall/winter it’s been purple then red. I might go pink for summer.
- I love watermelon in the summer. It’s so fun to watch the kids and teach them how to spit the seeds!
- I’ve only broken one bone in my life…my tailbone. I was about to sit down and had a chair pulled out from under me as a teenager. Not fun. Couldn’t sit for a week, literally.
- I really need to repaint my fingernails. They’re breaking like crazy and keeping them painted helps strengthen them.
- My middle name is made up. My parents couldn’t agree on 2 names, so they combined them. No, I’m not telling.
So now I tag 5 random people!
- Memories of You
- Forever Family
- Laane on the World
- Duck and Wheel with String
- Confessions of a Psychotic Housewife
6 Comments »
Today’s my birthday! Yay me 😀
How old am I? I’m 30. Yep, the big 3-0. No more 20’s. I’m on my way now to 40! Terrifying thought 😉
Dad to Two tagged me with Random Things, and I figured today would be a good day to do it. He had 2 given to him, a 7 and an 8. I’m gonna stick to 7…his 8 were great, but I’d bore you.
- When I was born, my liver hadn’t kicked in yet. They told my mom they didn’t think I’d make it. Hah! Showed them.
- I was born in Utah.
- On the day I was born, the temp was in the negative 20’s F.
- I was born at 7:17 pm.
- I usually don’t do birthdays well. They’re kinda depressing. I think I’m getting over it gradually though.
- I’m the youngest of 5…I have 2 sisters and 2 brothers.
- My parents thought they were done at 4 kids. Then my mom had a dream that a baby girl was being handed to her. And here I am!
So now I’d like to pass this to
At Home in the Ozarks
Melissa’s Homeschool Blog
Down Home with the Kenyons.
4 Comments »
I’ve been tagged with the Bookworm Meme by My Funny Dad, Harry. Here’s how this meme works:
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 56.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next two to five sentences.
5. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the cool book or the intellectual one. Pick the Closest.
6. Tag five people to do the same.
“This is her daughter!” Here’s the rest of the paragraph…”She has the right to know what we are doing, and she has the right to know it now!”
This is a book called The Alliance by Gerald N. Lund. It’s about the US after an enormous war where most of civilization has ended and a group called the Alliance plants computer chips in people’s brains to control their behavior.In the above paragraph, a doctor is arguing with another doctor about letting the main character’s mother know how the procedure is about to be done to her youngest daughter.
Ok, so here’s the next 5!
An Ordinary Mom
Dad to Two
Whatever Comes to my Mind
Mommy’s Little Corner
Life’s Sweet and Spices
3 Comments »
Blue Monkey Butt sent me this…list 7 things about myself and pass it on to 7 others, who in turn list 7 things!
Ok, here we go…
1. I’m the youngest of 5 kids.
2. I NEVER wanted to have a son (now I have 2 and they’re great!).
3. Sometimes I don’t take a shower until just before my husband comes home (the kids don’t care how I look).
4. I’ve never done my own taxes.
5. I fudge my height…I’m 5’2″. (no, I’m not gonna tell if that’s my height, or what I fudge it to be!)
6. I hate ironing, so I refuse to buy clothes that may need ironing. Other clothes get pulled out of the drier and hung/folded immediately.
7. I’ve never had surgery (except my wisdom teeth).
So, now I tag:
Feel Like Complaining
Spouse in the House
Mommying On The Fly
From Melissa’s Desk
The Long Journey of my Life
Rare Ordinary Thoughts
7 Comments »