Last week I went to cook dinner, but decided I didn’t want what I had planned. So I just threw something together and it turned out sooo good!!
Turkey & Portabellos in Garlic-Wine Sauce
- a pound of turkey, cubed
- 3 portabello mushrooms, cubed
- 1/2 c cooking sherry
- 1/4 to 1/2 c of flour
- dash of nutmeg
- couple dashes of oregano
- granulated garlic
- Brown turkey, until just cooked through. Add mushrooms, cook for just a couple minutes.
- Season with garlic (plenty), nutmeg, oregano and pepper, then lower heat.
- In a small bowl, mix sherry and flour. Pour over turkey.
- Let simmer for a couple more minutes until the flavors infuse.
I am going to try this recipe; what part of the turkey did you use?
I used a big chunk of turkey breast.
Good luck…let me know how it turns out!
Hi, I was reading your post and I just wanted to thank you for putting out such great content. There is so much crap on the internet these days its hard to find anything worthwhile. I actually have cooked this recipe before, I got this book last month on recommendation from a friend http://ninjahq.com/go/cookingrecipes and it turned out really nice! I’m very eager to try your variation of it though, it looks excellent. I think you might enjoy those recipes, they’re very good. Thanks for the article and great ideas.