Here’s just a few to start…as in the Aggie one, I’ll add on as I go.
- Ways to annoy a Yankee:
- Pronounce every 1-syllable word as though it has
- Offer to send her a bottle of fresh air.
- Name your kids Bubba, Junior, and Buddy.
- Never “do” anything…Always be “fixin’ to” do something.
- Tell her you don’t have an accent, she does.
- What’s the difference between a Yankee zoo and a Southern zoo? In a Yankee zoo, you’ll see the name of the animal and the scientific name. In a Southern zoo, you’ll see the name of the animal and the recipe.
- Rules for Yankees:
- Just because we have snow tires, doesn’t mean we know how to use them. Stay home the 2 days of the year it snows.
- Remember y’all is singular. All y’all is plural.
- If you hear a guy yell, “Hey, y’all, watch this!”, stay out of the way.
- Connecticut: Like Massachusetts, only the Kennedy’s don’t own it yet.
- If your DQ is closed all winter, you’re a Yankee.
- If the roads are better in the winter because the pot holes are filled with snow, you’re a Yankee.
- If your snow blower has more miles than your car, you’re a Yankee.
These are good jokes, I’ll have to tell my wife, she’s from MN, lol.
“If your DQ is closed all winter, you’re a yankee”
YUP, I can definitely agree with that one! 🙂